Industry and Service Specialization Plans (Niches and Practice Groups)
Establishing an industry or service niche can be a great platform for helping your accounting firm differentiate itself in the marketplace. In some cases, specialization happens organically – a professional has deep technical knowledge in a particular service, or a firm already has a grouping of clients in a particular industry – but for most firms, building a specialized practice group requires a deliberate, disciplined approach.
We work with managing partners, practice leaders, support staff and marketing professionals to help drive growth in new and established niche practices.
Are you new to specialization?
Once you have determined that specialization makes sense for your firm’s growth strategy, we can help guide you through the critical steps of starting your industry or service niche, including:
- Identifying areas of specialization that will work for your firm
- Identifying practice group leaders and building your teams
- Developing the proper elements of a practice group go-to-market plan
- Establishing prospect and referral target lists
- Supporting and driving momentum as you begin to build your practice group
Are you ready to take your niche to the next level?
Many CPA firms with service or industry specializations frequently hear about “thought leadership” as a way to grow their practice. Understanding and developing thought leadership can be a daunting task, particularly for firms with established niche practices. Through our work with our clients, we can help to:
- Identify and define thought leaders in your firm
- Provide the steps and resources for going from industry specialist to thought leader
- Help leadership understand how to support and build thought leaders
- Drive content development through sell sheets, proposal copy, blogs, articles, events and webinars (see more about our content marketing services)
- Develop pricing packages designed to drive profitability in specialization
In addition to growing and building industry and service practice groups, we provide growth audits and growth plan development to determine how your niche plan integrates with your overall firm strategy.
For more information on how to get started or program costs, please contact us.