Our FFCRA+ Toolkit provides a turnkey solution for staying on top of changing U.S. laws and regulations around COVID-19.
We’re helping firms communicate change. Click here for additional resources.
Helping CPA Firms in Their Response to COVID-19
During our work to help clients with communications and education around the quickly evolving legislative updates, tax deadline changes, social distancing guidelines, and technology solutions, we have come across several helpful articles and sites that you can leverage to add value to your clients.
We invite you to bookmark this page and check back as we continue to add what we find. And please let us know if you run across other resources that you would be willing to share with your peers. As a profession, there has never been a more important time to share a spirit of community and assistance.
General COVID-19 Information
- Latest statistics by state and country + latest health and safety recommendations
- White House guidance on COVID-19
- Johns Hopkins COVID-19 Heatmap
Bookmark your state sites for the latest updates on coronavirus response by state. Either the state.gov sites or the public health sites for each state will have a link to a dedicated landing page.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- Summary and full text of the March 18 law: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/6201
- FFCRA Q&A from the DOL: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questions
- Details on the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), which will be impacted by the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/fmla
- FFCRA Employer Paid Leave Requirements: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-employer-paid-leave
- The Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Summary and full text of the March 27 law: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/748/text
- SBA Paycheck Protection Program: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program-ppp
- Tax Relief
- Filing and Payment Deadline Extended to July 15, 2020 – Updated Statement: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/payment-deadline-extended-to-july-15-2020
- COVID-19-Related Tax Credits for Required Paid Leave Provided by Small and Midsize Business FAQs: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/covid-19-related-tax-credits-for-required-paid-leave-provided-by-small-and-midsize-businesses-faqs
- State Filing Tax Guidance for Coronavirus Pandemic: https://www.aicpa.org/content/dam/aicpa/advocacy/tax/downloadabledocuments/coronavirus-state-filing-relief.pdf
- Economic Impact Payments
Market Research Resources
- This market research company breaks down the expected impact of COVID-19 by industry
- This market research think-tank reports what it believes will be the impact of coronavirus on several facets of the food and beverage industry
Virtual Work Environments
- Embracing Virtual Service: https://inovautus.com/embracing-virtual-service/
- Remote Work Series: https://inovautus.com/leadingaremoteworkforce/
- Project Management Software Can Improve Efficiency: https://inovautus.com/project-management-software-can-improve-efficiency/
- ConvergenceCoaching ATAW work resources/toolkit
- JoFA’s Remote Auditing During Coronavirus Pandemic: https://www.journalofaccountancy.com/news/2020/mar/remote-auditing-during-coronavirus-pandemic.html
Increasing Communication & Advising Your Clients
- Inovautus Spotlight: Overlooking Internal Communication: https://inovautus.com/inovautus-spotlight-overlooking-internal-communication/
- The 5 Most Common Internal Communication Mistakes in Accounting Firms: https://inovautus.com/the-5-most-common-internal-communication-mistakes-in-accounting-firms/
- Is Your Firm Missing Critical Communications with Clients and Employees? https://inovautus.com/is-your-firm-missing-critical-communications/
- What’s Your Internal Communication Strategy? https://inovautus.com/whats-your-internal-communication-strategy/
- Inovautus Webinar Recording_Advising Clients Through Uncertainty: https://inovautus.com/news-insights/webinars/
- AccountingToday Web Seminar_Lease accounting fallout from COVID-19: http://pages.marketing.accountingtoday.com/lease-accounting-fallout-from-covid-19.html?source=act-email